September 29, 2014 by Drafts & Crafts
What is brown-butter you ask? Butter that has been browned on the stovetop! It is the secret weapon in these must-try fall Rice Krispie’s!
These gooey treats literally taste like fall in your mouth, they are additive. I do not think I will make regular rice krispies anytime soon! I learned the brown butter trick from lickthebowlgood blog.
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 bag (10oz) of mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- If you want to cut the treats into squares: Grease a 9×13 inch pan with butter or pam.
- Measure the marshmallows and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Then measure the Rice Krispie’s and place in a large bowl.
- Brown butter: Place the stick of butter in a small pot over medium heat. Stir the butter a few times as you are waiting for it to melt. Once the butter begins to boil it will turn brown and releases a nutty smell. It only takes about 5 minutes; watch closely because you do not want it to burn.
- Immediately pour the browned butter over the marshmallows. Don’t worry if little burnt looking specs get in the marshmallows. Stir the butter and marshmallows together, then microwave them for 30 seconds to completely melt the mixture. Microwave for another 30 seconds if necessary. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and nutmeg.
- Quickly pour the marshmallows over the Rice Krispies. Use a rubber spatula to mix ingredients. At first it may seem like there is not going to be enough marshmallow mixture to cover all of the cereal, just keep mixing though.
- Rice Krispie squares: With buttered hands, press the cereal evenly into the corners of the pan and pat down the top to make it flat. Let them cool off for a few minutes before you cut them into squares.
- Rice Krispie shapes: You can make your treats into fun shapes using cookie cutters. Simply scoop a spoonful of fall Rice Krispie’s into the cookie cutter, pat down with fingertips to smooth the surface. Let the mixture cool down for a few minutes and you will be able to just push the treats out of the cookie cutter.
ENJOY FALL IN YOUR MOUTH!!
Keep in touch,