June 30, 2016 by Drafts & Crafts
Here are two simple, yet timeless (yes- I just described dessert as timeless #biggie) dessert hacks that will be perfect for entertaining on the Fourth of July!
Sprinkled Ice Cream Sandwich Pops
- ice cream sandwiches (these mini soy sandwiches are from Trader Joe’s)
- popsicle sticks
- plastic wrap
- Gently stick the popsicle stick into the ice cream sandwich and dab the edges of the ice cream into a bowl of sprinkles.
- Re-wrap the finished product in plastic wrap and place back into the freezer until ready to eat.
Boozy Root Beer Floats
- vanilla ice cream
- The BEST root beer (alcoholic root beer) or regular root beer with a shot of bourbon or vodka
- Scoop 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a glass or tumbler.
- Fill the glass with alcoholic root beer for an adult beverage. And of course you can use regular root beer to make a treat for the kids too!
These two quick hacks are fool proof desserts that would be awesome to celebrate the Fourth of July. I personally love them because I think they are fun for both adults and children! We will be having some younger kids at our home this holiday so I like to find ideas that are enjoyable for all. The possibilities for red, white, and blue treats are endless! If you are in a pinch, don’t forget that you can add some strawberries and blueberries to any dessert for an instant patriotic touch! What are your plans this holiday weekend?? We plan to catch some sun, relax, play some yard games, and grill out!
Keep in touch,