September 28, 2016 by Drafts & Crafts
Fall is here, which means it is apple season! My mom tribe and I are sharing 8 apple recipes. Up first, my apple, brie, and arugula galettes. You can find the links to each apple recipe below.
- Pillsbury pie crust (comes with two round crust/dough sheets)
- 2 apples
- 1 block of Brie cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently roll out the two pie crusts onto a flat space. Place one half of the sliced brie and one half of the arugula in the center of each pie crust. Leave about 1.5 inches along the boarder empty. Top with a dash of sea salt and pepper.
2. Place the apples in a spiral on top of the arugula. Evenly coat each galette with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and another piece of salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pinch and fold the galette boarder to form the crust. Scramble one egg and wash the egg over the galette boarder.
4. Bake for 20 minutes (at 400) or until crust in golden brown. Drizzle balsamic glaze on top.
To kick off fall, I am thrilled to team up with my #momtribe to share all of the delicious apple recipes that you could ever want!!! When I think about fall food, a handful of items come to mind. Apples and pie are at the top of my list, that is why I made this apple, brie, arugula galette. The first time that I had a galette was at my favorite coffee shop in our neighborhood. I remember wondering, what is a galette? This awesome carb is like a cross between a free-spirited pie and a flat bread.
I wanted to create a recipe that would be suited for fall, something warm and savory. To make it easy for this new mama, I cheated and used pre-made Pillsbury pie crust (feel free to make your own from scratch). The box comes with a top and a bottom crust, so I made 2 galettes which is enough to serve 4-8 people. This apple and brie galette would make an awesome breakfast, appetizer, or snack at any fall gathering, think football party! 🙂
Now that you have learned about galettes- be sure to check out my talented friends’ blogs. Each lady shared a tasty apple recipe and from the looks of each photo, you do not want to miss any! Here is a link to each recipe beginning from top left:
Kris from Kristeen Michelle Blog made Applesauce Greek Yogurt Parfaits
Heidi from Occasionally Perfect Blog made Tahini Apple and Thyme Toast
Shelby from Honeysuckle Blog & Shop made Apple Dumplings
Danielle from Mom Wife Foodie Blog made Apple Cider Sangria
Joanna from Lazy Moms Blog made 3 Minute Apple Crumble Mug Cake
Dani from Drafts & Crafts Blog made Apple, Brie, and Arugula Galettes
Nikki from Nikki Andal Blog & Photography made Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Gladys from The Mother Overload Blog made Apple Pumpkin Pie Spice Overnight Oats
What seasonal dishes will you be making this fall?
Keep in touch,
I love anything with brie and this just looks so good! I can’t wait to try out this recipe!
Thanks Kris! It is so delicious and simple!!
I’ve never made one before but you’ve definitely inspired me! Looks delish!!
Thanks lady! You really need to try one! So simple and there are so many fun ways to switch up galettes!