November 21, 2016 by Drafts & Crafts
Sharing a stress-free pecan pie recipe just in time for your thanksgiving food prep!
- 3/4 (5 tablespoons) cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light kart syrup
- 2 cups toasted pecans
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 shot of bourbon (optional)
- prepackaged or homemade pie crust (I use pillsbury pie crust for everything)
- Preheat oven to 350. Toast the pecans. Place them in a skillet on the stove, on low for a few minutes.
- In a pan, mix: butter, brown sugar, sugar, karo syrup, and vanilla extract. Bring these ingredients for a boil and then immediately remove from the stove top to cool down.
- Place the pie crust into the pie dish. Once the mixture has cooled for a few minutes. Add in the 3 beaten eggs and pecans. Stir all the the ingredients together and pour them into the pie crust.
- Fold down sides of the pie crust. Bake for 40 minutes on 350.
I decided to switch up my usual pumpkin pie this year and replace it with pecan pie!! These pecans are extra special to us because my husband’s grandfather picked and shelled them from his pecan tree before he passed away. They have been in our deep freezer and we have been meaning to make a pie with them for awhile! To be honest, until I began making pumpkin pie a few years ago, I did not realize that pies are simple and fun to make! This pecan pie only took about 20 minutes of prep work and is delicious! What desserts will you be making for thanksgiving? If you have a recipe, please share!
Besides pie, what are you thankful for this year? I am beyond thankful that the Lord blessed us with our baby boy this year! We have so much to be grateful for. I hope you all enjoy a wonderful holiday with family and friends.
Keep in touch,