November 24, 2016 by Drafts & Crafts
As a local loving, community dweller, shopping small holds a place in my heart. I put together this gift guide made up of some of my favorite small businesses.
all of the above photos were borrowed from each business.*
- Suede Satchel from Re-threaded – Rethreaded is a company dedicated to putting an end to the sex trade by employing the women who have been saved from the trade. These gifts are one of a kind and go to supporting a powerful cause. Rethreaded has some beautiful women bags, along with other novelty gifts. Use code “DRAFTSCRAFTS” for 20% off.
- Urban Backpack from Re-threaded – Awesome gift men, check out their leather goods too.
- Ikea High Chair Cover from Yeah Baby Goods use code “dccold15” for 15% off – These covers come in the coolest patterns around. Use code “BIGSALE” for 25% off for Black Friday.
- Baby Onesies from The Perfectly Peared -Several trendy baby onesies to choose from, plus some adorable holidays ones. Use code “HOLLYJOLLY” for 25% off on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday.
- Leather Mat from Gather We use our mat for everything- from hangouts in the park to concert seating! It can be wiped down easily, so this gift is awesome for any adventurer in your life. BE SURE TO HEAD to my Instagram @dccold to enter a $70 gift card to Gathre!!!!
- Letter Board from Letterfolk – Perfect gift for the witty person in your life! 20% for Black Friday starting EST while supplies last.
- Personalized Calendar from Artifact Uprising – THESE personalized calendar are super cool and they are 20% off for Black Friday.
- Baby Bonnet and Wooden Toys from Yarn and Hook Made – There is nothing sweeter than a hand-crocheted gift. Teri Jo makes the sweetest baby bonnets around! I highly recommend ordering any mommy-to-be this darling heirloom. Sale: Free teething ring with purchase $20 or more.
I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving- now who is ready to get in the Christmas spirit?? Putting together this small business list was super fun! I prefer shopping small because you get a chance to support a person: a child, a mother, a father, a family, or even a community. There is definitely something special to be said about hand-crafted and hand-picked items. As an Etsy Shop owner, I know how much love and passion go into creating a small business.
I have had excellent experience with each of these establishments so I hope you will consider the benefit of shopping small this holiday season! Don’t forget about small business Saturday and most places will have a store-wide discount! These shops will have something for everyone on your list! I would love for you to share your favorite small business in the comments! Don’t forget to head to my Instagram @dccold to learn how to enter the GIVEAWAY with Gathre!
Keep in touch,