December 1, 2016 by Drafts & Crafts
There are many simple joys to experience while celebrating Christmas. This year I have decided to make a bucketlist now that we are a family of 3!
COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS BUCKETLIST
- Take Tanner to see Santa
- Find matching PJs for the whole family to wear on Christmas Eve
- Make a Christmas ornament with Tanner
- Mail some holiday cards to family and friends because getting mail never goes out of style
- Visit a Christmas tree farm to cut down a real christmas tree
- Start a new family tradition: I am thinking baking cookies or hosting a Christmas brunch toy drive so that we can give back to our community
- Read a book about the meaning of Christmas to Tanner
- Watch a Christmas movie (we may or may not have already watched Home Alone!!)
- Listen to Christmas music and sing with Tanner
- Donate gently used sweaters, coats, and jackets
It is hard to believe that today is December first. It seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant and dreaming about what each holiday would be like with our baby boy!! We enjoyed our fall bucket list as a family of 3, so I thought, why not create one around Christmas time too? If you have children, I highly recommend that you get a chalkboard and create a bucket list with them! As you enjoy each activity on your list, allow your children to cross it off the list! I can’t wait until tanner is old enough to do this because I think it is awesome for some quality family time. We have already cut down a tree and watched a Christmas movie! I am hoping we will find the time to begin a new tradition this year. Year after year, the Lord blesses our family tremendously, I would love to begin a tradition where we could give back. I am a firm believer that anyone can make a difference, even if it seems small. I am dreaming about hosting a holiday bunch where everyone brings a toy to donate for a child in need. What are some of your family traditions and do you plan to start any new ones this year?
Keep in touch,