January 20, 2017 by Drafts & Crafts
Give your loved ones the gift they really want this Valentine’s day, a homemade Stromboli. Sharing a family recipe that always takes the cake.
makes 1 Stromboli. appetizer serves 6 people. 15 mins prep, bake 45 mins
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced capicola
- 1/2 thinly sliced mozzarella cheese or 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 remade ball of pizza dough (you can ask for in most bakery sections of any grocery store)
- 1 beaten egg
- utensil: Rolling Pin
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Sprinkle flour on your counter where you will roll out the dough. Sprinkle flour all over your rolling pin as well, so that the dough does not stick.
- Roll out the dough until completely flat. Should be able to roll until 12-14 inches in diameter.
- Leave 1.5 inches around the perimeter/edges and layer capicola, salami, and cheese. I use about 12 pieces of each lunch meat. Sprinkle oregano, salt, and pepper over the ingredients.
- Roll the entire dough long ways. Make sure it is sealed shut and pinch the edges.
- Beat 1 egg in a bowl and use it to brush the outside with egg wash. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Don’t know what appetizer to bring each time a new party or gathering rolls around? Don’t worry, this Stromboli will have your back every. single. time. My mom has been making her great-aunt’s stromboli since my father and her got married. I recommend doubling the recipe if you are making it for a party. I can honestly say that I am not sure why I have not posted this recipe sooner. Maybe I was trying to keep it to myself because I don’t want people to know how simple it really is! I wanted to share this recipe in time for Valentine’s day that way you could make it for your loved ones. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.
Keep in touch,