January 30, 2018 with Drafts & Crafts
The DockATot was high on my wish list for our second baby. I am sharing my personal review of the DockATot today and why we love it!
- beautifully designed- has handles for transport, firm cushions for baby
- high-quality material- material is tight on the cushions and zip together in two pieces
- excellent if you choose to co sleep even though that is not what is recommended these days
- portable and easy to move around the home for baby to lounge in
- the sides make the baby feel cuddled and keep the baby secure from rolling
- expensive baby item
- pillow is bulky to store when not in use
- not designed to put in crib
- my white covers show stains easy (you can opt for a pattern instead to solve this)
We did not have the coveted baby lounger when Tanner was a baby. After hearing awesome things about it, I was thrilled that we were given the opportunity to try the DockATot Deluxe and the DockATot Grand. To start, I’ll talk about the Deluxe (0 to 8 months). I was happy to receive the DockATot Deluxe, intended for up to 22 pounds, before the arrival of our baby girl. I had plans to use this lounger all of the time, especially in the newborn phase! Winnie is now 7 weeks old and we use the DockATot Deluxe for her ALL throughout the day! She takes supervised naps in it, she lays on out couch in it, we lays in it while I entertain our toddler, and she rests in there while I shower so Tanner can not get to her. It is convenient to be able to move it around our home, so I know exactly where Winnie is. I can keep a close eye on her since we have a 20 month old. Even though Tanner has been the sweetest big brother, he is still very young so I do not want him messing with her by accident. Even with the steep price tag, I would highly recommend the DockATot Deluxe for a new baby. We intend to use our Deluxe until Winnie grows out of it.
As for the DockATot Grande (9 months-36 months), it is more of a luxury item than a necessity for Tanner. I think one reason is because he did not have a DockATot Deluxe when he was a baby so he is not interested in napping it in. He loves to curl up and watch TV in his DockATot Grand and also play in it! He loves to climb in it with his toys and we pretend it is a boat! Again, both sizes are sturdy, portable, and beautifully made. A HUGE thank you to DockATot for sponsoring this post!
Keep in touch,