February 7, 2018 by Drafts & Crafts
I finally made my own recipe for nipple cream and now I am kicking myself for not making this sooner! Nursing mamas, you gotta try this simple recipe.
I know I can’t be the only nursing mother who was tired of paying $15 for a tiny tube of organic nipple balm! I spent TONS of money on nipple cream when I was exclusively pumping for Tanner so this time around I was determined to save money. Let’s be honest, throughout the journey of feeding or pumping, our nipples need some TLC. This cream takes about 10 minutes to make and cost around $30, I call it Dani’s Nip Dip- hahaha! It should make enough to last about 24 months, so share some with your friends! I am going to link the products that I bought and researched off amazon. These products are all natural/unrefined and should be safe if baby does get some while beginning to latch. Lastly, I do want to mention that this is a homemade recipe so use at your own discretion. Winnie and I have been using it for about a week and love it!
Makes 12 ounces- filled 3, 4 ounce mason jars
- 1.5 cups extra virgin olive oil (purchased at local grocery)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil (purchased at local grocery)
- 3 sticks of beeswax (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons shea butter
- Place all of the ingredients in small pot on the stove.
- Simmer on low to medium heat. Took about 10 mins on low/medium heat to melt each ingredient.
- Stir until your mixture is clear and there are no clumps.
- Pour your mixture into jars. Be careful because it will be hot. Wait until the mixture is cooled and no longer clear before placing the lid on.
Hope this recipe soothes you! I would love to hear if you have any tricks of your own or what cream is your go-to?
Keep in touch,