November 20, 2014 by Drafts & Crafts
My husband and I are hosting our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife! My husband’s side of our family is traveling from down south to spend the holiday with us, which makes name tags for the table a must!
I am very anxious to host my first holiday! It will be the first turkey that I am cooking on my own; as well as making the side dishes and desserts! And by on my own, I really mean with some help from Jason. Now I will surely appreciate (even more) all the hard work that my mother puts in to each holiday, every year. This DIY is pretty self-explanatory, yet it will make a classy touch to any Thanksgiving table.
- card stock
- pen or marker
- spray paint
- poster board or trash/grocery bags (to spray paint against)
- leaves (flat with long stems)
1. Collect pretty leaves (or leafs, both ways are accepted). I recommend finding flat leaves that have long stems.
2. Place your leaves on poster board or grocery bags that you do not mind getting messy. Spray paint your leaves by holding the spray paint a few feet away. Let them dry for about 2 hours before moving the leaves. Leaves are delicate, so be sure to handle them with care!
3. Write the names of your Thanksgiving guests on card stock. Put a hole-punch in the top left corner.
4. String a small piece of ribbon through the hole on the card stock. Just before you tie the knot, gently slide the stem of the leaf through the hole of the knot.
CLICK CRAFT BOX FOR FULL DETAILS
Keep in touch,