December 2, 2014 by Drafts & Crafts
This is my top 10 must-try list of Trader Joe’s holidays items. Wow your loved one by using these goodies to create a Christmas gift basket or as stocking stuffers!
Trader Joe’s has been favorite grocery store since moving to VA. Until recently, I felt bad talking about Trader Joe’s in front of my FL people because they were missing out, badly. Now that Trader Joe’s have opened in my two “home” cities, Boca and Jacksonville, FL, I had to do an obligatory Trader Joe’s Holiday must-try list. Trader Joe’s is such a unique store; they are a neighborhood friendly grocery that thrives on an excellent selection and outstanding customer service (if I do say so myself). Trader Joe’s has seasonal items all year round, but Christmas time is by far my favorite. The sweets, goodies, and treats they have to choose from are unreal! Last Christmas, I made my in-laws a big basket full of winter-time goodies that I bought from Trader Joe’s, The Fresh Market, and Anthropologie. Making a gift basket is such a wonderful idea! You are able to make them as personal or as impersonal as you please, but you can always pick out items based on someone’s taste or style.
Here is my holy-goodness Trader Joe’s list:
1. Carmel and Dark Chocolate Popcorn Crunch with pecans, walnuts, and cashews ($3.99): This popcorn mix is so yummy!! I first tried it last weekend with my BIL and his girlfriend. Head’s up, there is not a whole lot in the container, but it sure is good!
2. Triple Ginger Brew ($2.99): Unfortunately, this is not a brew like a beer. It is actually soda, similar to ginger ale, but has a much more defined taste. Seasonal must-try!!
3. Cocoa Drizzled Kettle Corn ($1.99): Best snack ever!! This sweet treat is the perfect item to pour into a bowl during a holiday party, you may need 2 bags because it will go quick!
4. Peppermint Pretzel Slims ($2.99): Again, another fabulous sweet! You defiantly have to like peppermint to enjoy this sweet. I personally love sweet and salty, so this would also make a awesome party snack!
5. Wintry Blend Ground Coffee ($7.99): I think all of my fellow coffee snobs will love this blend as much as I do. It has some spice notes, but it just right. The gingerbread is also another must-try seasonal coffee! Try it with Trader Joe’s Coconut non-dairy, non-soy creamer, it is light and yummy!
6. Egg Nog ($2.99): Egg nog, need I say more!? I love a good glass of eggnog during the holidays, it really gets me in the deck the halls kind of mood! Can’t wait to share how to properly spike the eggnog, on the blog next!
7. Chicken Noodle Soup with veggies ($1.99): Some nights you just want something warm and light, this soup is perfect for a cold winter night!! I love this soup so much better than the normal Campbell or Progresso.
9. Dark Chocolate Almonds ($1):) Can you say best stock stuffer ever? But really, what do you put in a grown man’s stocking? We now have the answer!! A cute idea would be to put the almonds in a DIY goodie bag and call it COAL for all the naughty men in our lives!!
10. The Exfoliating Body Scrub Trio: Tahitian Paradise, Fresh Fruit, and Fuji Apple ($8.99): Last but not least.. you never know what you are going to find while grocery shopping! These shower products would make an awesome gift or stocking stuffer! 3 delicious smelling flavors in one pack. I think people often forget the important of exfoliating ever-so-often while showering, so remind them with this all-natural, clever gift!
I hope these items give you an idea as to what goodies can be found at Trader Joe’s this holiday season! These items would perfect to use in a gift basket, you can always add a cute coffee mug and a Drafts & Crafts print (from my etsy) to spruce up any gift basket!! And be sure to keep your eyes peeled for my next post, a little turtle dove tells me, it is going to include how to make some adult beverages with the Ginger Brew and Egg Nog!! If you have any questions about these products, please message me!!
Keep in touch,