February 14, 2015 by Drafts & Crafts
Happy Valentine’s Day loves!! I have been wanting to post a recap of our wedding for quite some time. With all of this love in the air, it was impeccable timing!
A little back round, Valentine’s is now my favorite day of the year- like heart throbbing, butterflies in my tummy, smile so big my mouth hurts, favorite day of the year. This is because my husband and I got married last Valentine’s Day, 2/14/14. No, I am not some crazy Valentine’s Day obsessed human! I just wanted to get married on a Friday in February and Valentine’s Day just happened to be one of those Fridays! Don’t get me wrong though, I love every holiday!! Plus, it was a destination wedding and more than half of our guests were from out of town which meant some folks had the following Monday off for President’s Day. I did not want to get married on a Saturday because that would of meant I would have had to leave Sunday. Instead, we got to hang out with our family and best friends all weekend long, it was unreal!!
I have had several people ask me about my wedding and wedding decor this past year, so in honor of my one year wedding anniversary I wanted to do a little recap of my Valentine’s wedding with some photos, plus my DIY’s.
I went for a ‘Rustic’ meets ‘Classic’ look for my Valentine’s Day wedding. We got married at the Casa Marina Hotel in Jacksonville Beach, FL. It was the perfect venue for Jason and I. It is a historic hotel of America, dating back to the early 1900’s. In the roaring twenties, the hotel was known as “The Hollywood” of the south. Famous actors, politicians, and mafia folks would come down to Florida and stay at the Casa Marina Hotel. We were married in the outside court yard of the boutique style hotel. My favorite part of the venue is the ballroom/dining room because there are huge, original exposed wooden beams that run along the ceiling. The wooden features are beautiful and timeless. Our wedding colors were blush pink, grey, gold, black, and white.
Jason and I had 140 guests on our big day. We said “I do” at 5pm on 2/14/14, but the party did not stop until 11pm.. or should I say 2pm since we shut down the rooftop bar, The Penthouse Lounge. The service at the Casa Marina was 5-star, from a smooth year of planning, to help with each and every little detail on the day of. Jason and I had the MOST epic weekend, filled with endless love, laughs, and bubbly!! We were so blessed to have our closest friends and family spend three or four days celebrating our love!! These are just A FEW of my favorite photos from our wonderful photographer. Verance Photography is the artistic genus behind each photo in this post. Sindy is located is the Western and Northern Florida area, if you need an excellent photo for an event, she is your girl!
Now for some DIY’s and Decor.. Most of the items you will see below was handmade by myself or was designed me. I’ll explain a few pieces and please let me know if you have any questions! Also please keep in mind that I am now creating custom wedding signage through my etsy site, I already have 3 weddings that I am working on for 2015!! How cool it is that I get to add a special touch of decor for couple’s big day??!!
1) Our “please sign our guest book sign” – And of course, we wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day too!! This sign is on wood with chalk board spray, I use actual chalk, not the chalk markers.
2) This was our “wedding map” of Jacksonville. On the map, it had our college, where we met, where our rehearsal was, our favorite fountain, our favorite bridge, the hotel we got married at, and our brunch spot the next morning. I purchased this map on Etsy from Natty Michelle.
3. Direction Sign in the court yard.
4. I made these mason jars for our sand ceremony. We decided a sand ceremony since our hotel was on the beach.
5. Flowers and matches on our outside tables that surrounded the dance floor. We have a few smokers, so I wanted to get these “perfect match” made.
6. The steps that went down into the courtyard were lined with candles in pretty mason jars. I hand painted the pink ones and my girlfriend, Jenna, made the gold glitter ones.
7. Our escort cards.. this was one of my favorite DIY’s!! My father in law made this fence panel for me to hang each escort card on. I cut each tag and hand stamped 150 mason jars. Tied to each escort card was a heart shaped year. The sign reads, “Find the key to your seat.”
8. Bride and Groom burlap banners for the back of our seats.
9. Who doesn’t love a monogrammed corn hole!? Here is where I ordered the corn hole boards from, All American Tailgate and I added the monogram myself.
10. Signature drink sign, “love potion number 9.” Also, you can see my DIY paper straws in this photo. The flags said, “Happy Valentine’s day,” “Dani & Jason’s Wedding,” “All you need is Love.”
11. Jason’s gifts for his groomsmen. Inside was, a small bottle of whiskey, coke, Jason’s favorite book, hot sauce, and a dry rub for BBQing. Jason picked each item out for his guys, I thought he did an awesome job!! It seemed like all of his guys really liked their basket. Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of my bridesmaids gifts. That is because we were already in our robes. Each girl got a monogrammed robe, pink pearl earrings, and matching bracelet. These items were in a reusable monogrammed bag that I got from the Hallmark store!
12. One of our gifts for our guests were Koozies- “To Love Laughter & Happily Ever After!” I ordered these koozies off Etsy as well, Rook Design Co. I love these little guys, they are nestled on my bar cart and I plan to use them for years to come!! Our other goodie for the guests was a tiny box of Godiva chocolates and each person’s place setting. After all, it was Valentine’s so a sweet treat was in order!
13. Lastly, here is a snap of our rustic center piece. These birch wood vases and wooden slabes came from an awesome shop on Etsy. The owner, Nicole, of the PNZ design was so personable and a pleasure to work with. Our cake topper and table numbers are from The First Snow Fall, their stuff is ADORABLE!!
I hope you enjoyed some of our wedding photos. I can’t even begin to describe how perfect the weekend went! The only thing I would have changed was the weather up North, a few guests could not make it out because of snow!! We sure came home to a snow packed city, we put our bags down and had to shuffle our cars out of the driveway!
Hope you all have a special Valentine’s Weekend! Hugs and Kisses!!
Keep in touch,