March 26, 2015 by Drafts & Crafts
Spring has finally sprung and we are starting to get some “warmer” weather here in Virginia. Here is my outdoor bucket list for Spring 2015!
I apologize for being a little MIA, my best friend got married last weekend in Florida.. it was beautiful weekend!! Then from FL, I headed straight to a work conference in Abingdon, VA.. a nice 5.5 hour drive! At last, I am back home and getting settled. Lots of laundry and catching up on blogging to do, stay tuned please!!
“No winter lasts forever.” Amen to that!!! No, I actually love winter, but towards the end of winter I do look forward to spring. What is there not to love about springtime.. warmer weather, blooming flowers, grass is getting green, and seasonal allergies… Ok, so maybe there is one thing I do not care for during spring, my severe allergies. However, this does not stop my love for being outdoors! Sunshine and flowers trumps sneezing any day! Check out my outdoor bucket list that I would like to complete by the end of spring, which is like mid June, believe it or not.
1. Biking & Hiking Trails- I am fortunate to live in an area where there are so many beautiful parks and trails. My husband and I love to drive a little west of DC and go mountain biking for the day! I can’t wait to throw the bikes on the back of the car and head out for an adventure! I also want to do more hiking this spring, but my husband’s prefers the adrenaline of biking.. so it is going to take some convincing! Here are some tools to help you find parks in your state: U.S National Park Service and America State Parks. These websites are great because they let you know all of the features/amenities (i.e trails and facilites) at each park.
2. Arts & Farmers Market- Handmade goods and fresh produce, need I say more?? This is a great activity to do with the whole family and a bonus.. initially it is free! You are not usually charged to get into a market, only if you want to buy items. Again, we are spoiled because each city in Northern Virginia has a farmers market. Falls Church Farmer’s Market is my favorite local market, it is the best that I have been to around. I would recommend looking on your city or county website to see what markets or festivals are in your area.
3. Easter Egg Hunt- Although I do not have children of my own yet, you are never too old for a Easter Egg Hunt, am I right? I will have to borrow some of my friend’s children to hold an Easter Egg Hunt! There is nothing like running around green grass searching for those bright-colored eggs!!
4. Strawberry Picking & Jam Makin’- This is an activity I did not get to partake last year. Jason and I went apple picking in the Fall, we had a blast!! Before it gets too hot outside, I want to go strawberry picking! Also, I think it would be so much fun to preserve some strawberries or make some jam! Here is a recipe for Strawberry Jam from the Ball website.
5. Outside Brunch- Call me basic, but oh how I like a good brunch!! I can’t wait to take on the streets of DC with some amazing outdoor brunches!! If you live in DC, NYC, or Chicago or will be vacactioning in any of these lovely places, I recommend searching for brunch spots on Bitches Who Brunch. Through this fabulous website you can search by taste, price, day of the week, outdoor patios, and bottomless sip selection, GENIUS!
6. Backyard Games- I enjoy a good game of corn hole or shuffle board… with a cold beverage in hand, of course. Pictured below was the corn hole game from our wedding, refer to wedding recap post to find out where you can order your own inexpensive set! Backyard games and a BBQ sound like the perfect hangout with friends since the weather is warming up. In my opinion, corn hole is great activity for any spring gathering!
May you enjoy the fresh start to a new season! What is on your bucket list? Do share!
Keep in touch,