January 12, 2016 by Drafts & Crafts
Get the details of this protein-packed dinner created with delicious ingredients from Trader Joe’s.
Chili-Lime Burgers topped with corn and black beans over fresh greens and drizzled with Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili Sauce (15 minutes)
- Chili-Lime Chicken Burger (frozen from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- avocados or pre-made guacamole
- greens (spinach, kale, or arugula)
- Trader Joe’s sweet chili sauce
- minced garlic (optional)
- low-sodium soy sauce (optional)
- Defrost frozen chicken burgers for about an hour.
- Heat skillet over medium. I add some minced garlic and a dash of soy sauce to spice up the flavor. Cook the burgers on each side for about 5 minutes.
- If you did not buy pre-made guacamole, then its time to make fresh guac. Here is my guac recipe.
- Mix black beans and corn is a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2 minutes.
- Place the cooked burger over a bed of greens. Top the burger with beans and corn.
- Add guac and sweet chili sauce for a tasty finish!!
If you know me, than you know that I love to prep a simple dinner during the work week. My favorite recipes to create have evolved into quick and healthy meals. I won’t lie to you, I do not eat clean every single day or even close to it. However, if I am cooking at home, than I do my best to make healthy meals. These chili-lime burgers from Trader Joe’s are budget friendly and make an awesome meal filled with protein and fiber. You can pick up all of the ingredients that are listed above from your neighborhood Trader Joe’s. If there is not a Trader Joe’s located close by (tragic), try creating this meal with a grilled chicken beast. Dinner is served!
Keep in touch,