November 20, 2018 by Drafts & Crafts
Wow! Its been awhile since I made an actual blog post- this year has just flown by! Gift giving and Christmas time are my love language so I definitely did not want to miss out on the opportunity to share some of my favorite items this season and to encourage everyone to shop small! This year we are keeping our Christmas pretty simple and trying to stay true to shopping small. There is so much going on in December for our family (my daughter’s, mom’s, dad’s, brother’s, and my mother in law all have December birthdays- insert the emoji with eyes popping out of my head) and my children do not need much so I am breaking there gifts down to: something they WANT, something they NEED, something to WEAR, something to READ, something fun to learn a SKILL! 5 gifts each- easy and sweet. Plus, we know their grandparents will spoil them and we don’t have any more room for toys in our smaller house!
these photos are borrowed from each shops website**
1. Paperlinen supply- beautiful hand-sown linen clothing items for girls and boys
2. This & That Etc- wooden alphabet puzzle and custom name puzzles
3. Moon Picnic- wooden weather board, amazing design and educational perfect gift for any child!
4. PNW Littles- adorably illustrated onesies
5. Bannor Toys- heirloom wooden toys- tools, cars, trucks, & rattles (personalized engraving for an extra special touch)
6. Misha & Puff- timeless hand knitted booties, bonnets, and sweaters
7. Mud Puppy Kids- tons of fun and educational toys/games, PERFECT STOCKING STUFFER!
8. Hazel Village x Briar Handmade collab– get your babe the perfect plush with a matching bonnet for the doll and child
9. Max and Olivia co- the most pretty pixie bonnet that I ever laid eyes on and very affordable in the knit world!
10. Simple Toy Co- Modern Blush Waldorf Doll
11. Willaby- high quality gauze blankets, worth the splurge
12. Cheerily- Custom name oneies, “W is for Winnie”
13. Homespun Collection- small shop that carries kids and home items with a vintage inspired look
14. June Home Supply- children’s broom, my oldest loves to try and help clean so this will be a great tool for him
15. Gathre- wipeable, leather playmat that features a fun illustration for children to play on
I want to encourage everyone to shop small this holiday: support a person, their dream, and their family. Shopping small carries so much more weight and there is always the person who created an item doing an actual happy dance each sale!!! I curatied this gift guide based on some of my favorite small shops, we have been fortunate to try the majority of these products and we LOVE them! Each product that I shared is an heirloom quality gift, from wooden toys, to hand knitted clothing, to butter-soft leather playmates. Be sure to follow these small shops on social media and learn about their black Friday, small business Saturday, and cyber Monday sales.
I would love to hear about what gifts you will be getting your kids this Christmas!
Keep in touch,