August 30, 2018 by Drafts & Crafts
Sharing the details of what is in my diaper bag to help make dining out and traveling with kids easier.
It is no secret that my husband and I love to go out to eat! We usually eat out one night over the weekend to spend some time together as a family, eat a nice meal, and get out of the house with the kids. Having babies and toddlers can definitely make going out (anywhere) a daunting task. We decided early on that we did not want to stop doing the things that we love just because we have kids. Of course, like a lot of parents with young kids we have to pick and choose what we do these days, but we still wanted to be able to enjoy a meal out and not be afraid to venture or travel with our kids. I wanted to share the items that we use with our kids to make going out a little less stressful.
- Gathre playmat– We use this as a interactive placemat for Tanner. He can play with his trucks on it while we are waiting for food and then I know he is snacking or eating off of a clean(er) surface.
- Small CAT machines– These mighty machines are a staple in our home. My mom picked my son up a set from CVS one time and then I have seen them in several stores since then. Our toddler plays with these nearly every single day. Fun for water, water beads, sand, and play doh activities. I also believe that they are very realistic and small enough to fit in their hands that kids can develop excellent fine motor skills plus learning educational skills when playing with these.
- Small playdoh tubs– Call me crazy mama, but I usually have a few of these in my bag. With the Gathre playmat Tanner does not make a mess and play doh entertains him for about thirty mins. We will make silly items, fun items, and all kinds of creations for his trucks to pick up.
- Small coloring book- I know I keep saying small, but its true I get tiny items that will fit into my diaper bag and not make it a thousand times heavier. Always keep a color book and some crayons on hand with toddlers.
- Magnetic Doodle Board- These are so fun for kids and a better alternative to taking out the phone. Not that I am above putting on a show on my phone, but we try other things first.
- Homespun reusable snack packs– We can not go anywhere without a snack, usually some goldfish. We are trying to do our small part in making our earth a better place with using reusable pouches.
- Baby Suction Toy- We ordered this one from Amazon and are happy with it. It will entertain Winnie while we are out, Tanner even loves it too.
- Carseat Hanging Toy– If your baby is tiny and doesn’t mind staying in the carseat these are nice to keep baby smiling.
I would love to hear if you have any tricks up your sleeve for entertaining your kids while you are out or what fun things you have in your diaper bag!
Keep in touch,
Leave a Reply