December 15, 2015 by Drafts & Crafts
This DIY creates the perfect space to display those beautiful holiday cards!
- glue gun & glue stick
- foam wreath
- 2 green ribbon rounds (I used 2 rounds of 1.5 in x 12 ft)
- red ribbon
- clothes pins
- Pick a starting point and begin wrapping the green ribbon around the wreath. Place a line of hot glue each time you wrap the green ribbon. ONLY hot glue on the side facing you, that will be the back side of the wreath. Be sure to wrap the ribbon tight and smooth on the from side and then hot glue on the back. If you hot glue is a little messy, that is OK because it will be on the back side.
2. Wrap the entire way around. Finish by wrapping one last time around where you started and cut the excess ribbon on the side facing you (the back).
3. Tie a bow to your liking and place it at the top center or at the bottom center if you prefer.
4. Hot glue your desired number of clothes pins on the front. I chose 5 pins since my “wreath” was not that large. Glitter the front of each clothes pin for a sparkly finish!
5. Use your choice of colored ribbon to hang the wreath. My piece was 8 inches long in total. Fasten the ribbon to the back side with hot glue. Let the hot glue dry for 5 minutes before hanging.
I never know where to display the Christmas cards that I recieve. Sure the mantel or a book shelf is a great place, but than it starts to look clutered. This craft makes a cute wall decoration to display your favorite cards. I was hoping to make this craft with some friends, but I did not get around to it. If you have time, a DIY christmas card wreath and cookie decorating party with your girlfriends or children would be such a fun activity! Did you make any holiday DIYs this year? Do share!!
10 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!?! (insert face grabbing-mouth open emoji)
Keep in touch,
Leave a Reply